September 22nd – 23rd, 2022
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
PLI California Conference Center
455 Market Street, Suite 2300
San Francisco, CA 94105
Free with PLI Privileged Membership
2-Day Program – In-Person or via Live Webcast
Why You Should Attend
Pocket MBA is a hallmark program for attorneys whose careers have brought them into representing clients in the financial industry, but their background training lacked accounting principles and financial concepts. This program is designed to improve your understanding of business strategies, accounting fundamentals, and vocabulary used by management, investors, auditors, and bankers.
Updated to address current topics in finance, an experienced and diverse group of professionals will share lessons from their experience, providing practical advice and industry knowledge. From financial statements to economic concepts in litigation, this program will take a broad overview of finance and the practical legal considerations that emerge in the business world. Application of pertinent information to actual situations and financial reports will provide participants with opportunities to immediately implement growth and broaden capabilities. This program will also discuss the ethical issues that attorneys face when dealing in the business world. The panel will discuss the rules of ethics for discovery, privileged communication, and disclosure obligation.
What You Will Learn
- Gain insight on accounting fundamentals and core concepts
- Practical corporate finance concepts — financial ratios and analysis
- Understand common concepts in economics and how economics can be relevant to certain disputes
- Key factors shaping financial reporting that attorneys should know
- How to “navigate” and understand the basic financial statements
- The use of valuations and evaluating the financial health of an entity
- What exposure does counsel have for participating in the negotiation and execution of contracts?
View Program Agenda & Faculty
Who Should Attend
Attorneys and other professionals who work with, and want to learn more about, financial information and the finance industry.
Up to 15.0 Credit Hours Available
Additional Dates & Locations Available:
October 13-14, 2022
University of Chicago – Gleacher Center
450 N. Cityfront Plaza Dr.
Chicago, IL 60611
November 17-18, 2022
PLI NY Conference Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas (Entrance on 45th Street)
New York, NY 10036